PDA

View Full Version : AXIS 22-250 out of the box

Ben Hadd
11-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Bought one last night and took it to the range today. Wow! Shot six loads (5 reloads and 1 factory). None were over 1.5 and 4 were under 1.0 with factory delivering the best at .48 (3 shots). Varget 35.2 grains had a flyer, so I shot 5 rounds; 4 were in 2 holes and maybe half inch apart. Pretty sure the flyer was my reloading slop. Using 55 grain Nosler Boat Tail BTs on Norma Brass. I sure would like to know what powder Remington is using with 55 SP as that group was sub-.50 moa. This rifle is definitely going to get a Boyd's Varmint Thumbhole Stock. happy-happy-happy.

glennsjr
12-20-2014, 08:03 AM
I too just bought one and changed the scope and shot for the first time yesterday.I was shooting Remington Premier 50 grain Accu Tips and it blew my socks off!! shooting 3/4 inch groups. I really never thought it would shoot that good I'm very happy with it. I bought a Savage .22 and a .17 and the gunshop owner gave me a good deal on the axis. I have a 110 in .338 that is a very accurate gun but over the years just stayed away from Savage but all three have impressed me and now have another on lay away.