PDA

View Full Version : Predator max1 260

bflee
11-20-2014, 09:20 PM
I just got a model 10 predator max1 in 260 on a trade. I also got some speer nitrex grand slam 140 gr. rounds on the trade and I sure hope they are my issue. Anybody ever shot these? They are nickel cased and have a soft lead point. I cant get a group under 1 1/2" at 100 yards. Now I have a 12 LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor that may be spoiling me with small groups, but I expect a little better than this out of my Savage rifles. I am pretty sure this is the rounds causing the issue and I have ordered some dies and I already have the 140 amax I shoot in the Creedmoor. I hope it will alleviate my issue. The speer's shoot minute of deer I guess so they wont go to waste!
Anyone who has shot those rounds how about telling me a little.

jasonR
11-23-2014, 10:59 PM
I haven't shot the bullets you mention, but I've had the predator max1 in 260 for several years. And while I think it is a terrible name for a rifle, it has been a great rifle. I had all these ideas about improvements but it just keeps working so well I've left it alone. Now about 2000+ rounds down the tube, mostly with berger 140s. Good luck with your new rifle and ammo.

Idaho-45
12-06-2014, 08:06 PM
bflee: I realize I'm a bit late to this thread, but, I'll jump in anyway. My girlfriend bought one of the Predator Max 1, in 260, a couple years ago. It has turned out to be a fine rifle. I think if it were me, I'd try some different ammo than the Nitrex/Grand Slam stuff. My girlfriend did just fine with my handloads with 130 grain Nosler Accubonds, & 140 Nosler Custom Comps. Good Luck with the rifle, Nearly everything I've heard, & read about them has been positive! Idaho-45

GaCop
12-17-2014, 07:52 AM
Start hand loading, and see your groups shrink.