PDA

View Full Version : Savage 11 problem

blackhawk309
11-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Just bought another Model 11. Took stock off, adjusted accutrigger, put stock back on, checked trigger pull, stock back off, adjusted again, put stock back on. Now trigger is locked up, safety not right. If I open the bolt the trigger is free. When I close the bolt...trigger locks up. What am I'm doing wrong?

foxx
11-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Trigger pull set too light. The sear is slipping off trigger when bolt is closed, then the safety blade is blocking the sear from falling all the way, therefore it feels like it is "locked up". Increase trigger weight until the trigger/sear holds when bolt is closed and passes a bump/drop test.

blackhawk309
11-21-2014, 10:55 AM
yes, that's exactly what's happening. But after increasing trigger weight, even to max., it still does it. Have I damaged the spring or adjuster? Spring does not appear to have broke. Any ideas??????

foxx
11-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Not sure, but the end of the spring (top) may have come loose from the tiny hole in underside of tang and therefore it's not tightening and loosening properly.

The top end of that spring/wire should not spin when you turn twist the spring with your little yellow handled tool.

Hopefully someone else can chime in.

blackhawk309
11-22-2014, 12:18 AM
The top end of that spring/wire should not spin when you turn twist the spring with your little yellow handled tool.

This spring is nothing like the one in my older 11. The lower portion of this spring threads into the trigger bar, the upper portion is kinda cone shaped with the last upper coil has the bent leg that goes into the tang hole. Being one spring, it has to spin/turn when you twist it with the tool.

foxx
11-22-2014, 12:30 AM
Well, perhaps it spins, but I am not sure, really. In any event, the spring should compress or expand as you tighten, loosen it. If it doesn't, nothing is really changing in regards to the trigger pull weight.