PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell-Simmons-Millett Quality

daveg
04-21-2010, 01:50 PM
This might sound like a tale of one who expects much. Over the years i have obtained scopes from Leupold, B&,L Redfield ans simmons and Millett. I was happy with all. The simmons were the 44Mag 6.5X20 and the Millett was the Buck Gold 6X25. Never a problem with the Simmons and a problem with the Millett which was solved after a talk with a man at Millett. Now for some History -- 7/19/07 MidOcean Partners an equity firm acquired Bushnell. On 6/13/08 Bushnell (MidOcean) acquired Simmons and on 8/6/08 Bushnell(MidOcean) acquired Millett. A Simmons scope 44Mag 6X21-44 was purchased and the Magnification ring had a rubber covering that when turned lifted up. Now or the Millett scopes I purchased two scopes Buck Gold 6X25-56 --one had a large glob of grease on the threads above the objective lens. I was note able to do any more work till recently then looking at the second Millett scope I found the elevation knob had a rubber gasket or oring sticking out beyond the cap fot the elevation knob. I tried to remove the elevation knob to rezero and one of the set screws stripped. Calls to Millett (Bushnell) asking the Allen wrench size and then the set screw size brought the answer " That's an old model we don't have any info". Lessons from this "You get what you pay for and be very cautious of any known company brought out by private equity firm".

daveg
04-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Additional note Bushnell has NO PARTS for Millett

mopar440
04-23-2010, 12:19 PM
i have both simmons and a millet i have no problems with either the simmons is on 243 rem 700 that doesnt get used much anymore its probly 10 years old now its not nearly as clear i have to adjust probly every year a couple clicks here or there the millet i have buck gold 4-16x56 for year now about 150 7 mag and 500 223 on it is my best scope i own i like it better than Leupold rifleman i have used it glass is clear i have adjusted on it alot i have swaped it from 7 mag to my ar 15 twice it tracks good holds zero perfect i have no problems so i dont about customer service i will buy another millet to leave this one my ar

neg i have is the caps are junk that come with it and its big and heavy but i will still buy another