PDA

View Full Version : Nikko Scopes?

DCM
04-21-2010, 01:33 PM
I have been looking at a rifle recently that has a Nikko scope. The shop said that they are good scopes but I have never heard of them before.

How do they compare to other scopes and are they worth buying?

Thanks

epmn
04-22-2010, 07:50 AM
I am assuming that you mean Nikko Stirling. I have a pair of the Diamond 10-50x60s. I bought them several years ago when I was into shooting field target matches. I have always been happy with how things look through them and that the reticle repeats if you shoot by clicking as opposed to holdover. I would by them over scopes in the same price range and over some that are quite a bit more expensive. Currently the two are on my longer range prairie dog guns, one in 22-250AI and the other a 6BR.

Joel

DCM
04-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the reply. The shop that I went to sells them so I will look at them when I buy a Savage rifle in the near future.

dcloco
04-22-2010, 06:58 PM
I have four of the 6-24x56 nighteaters. Three of them are very good. One is a problem child and has been since day one. The importer in Nevada is NOT interested in repairing or replacing or believing that I have an issue with this scope.

I would move on to something else.