PDA

View Full Version : Savage 220: Savage 220 recoil pad help please

beck
11-18-2014, 02:43 PM
I have a Savage 220 which as I understand is a 20 gauge shotgun built on the 110 action. It has the synthetic stock. I love the gun. I have taken 4 deer with 4 shots (Illinois - rifles not allowed). 200 yd ability from a shotgun. The recoil pad works well but it is soft enough that I am tearing it either while sholdering the gun or taking it out of the case. I find it missing a chunk but don't know exactly how or where it was done. This is the 2nd one. Savage stood behind the 1st with a free replacement. I have not called after the 2nd issue. My thoughts were to replace it with an after market recoil pad. I am looking at Kick-Eez and Limbsaver. I really do not want to do the grinding to fit, but it may be a necessity. Does anyone know what model #s of these or other recomended mfg of recoil pads? I think the Kick-Eez model is KZ-110. Are any exact fit enough to just bolt it on? The replacement from Savage after the 1st problem was an exact fit naturally, but I don't want to replace it annually.

beck
11-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Sorry guys this should have been placed in the 110 parts section.
Administrator please move if you see this...

I'm a new guy here... First post... I didn't see that section until after posting here.. Please excuse me.