PDA

View Full Version : New guy ( Gun Guy ) I come from a German Farm family , Wv Hill Pople !

gunguy
11-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Came from a hunter gather family ,in the fall we butchered the pigs , did it all made blood pudding , head cheese !
my father died in a boating accident when i was seven ! had plenty of uncles and cousins that taught me to hunt and shoot !
When the registered letter came , it was off to Combat in Nam ! Killed three gooks in one day all point blank ,
Unless someone tries to take my life or a family member , I wish to never kill again. After Nam for quite some time
i stayed away from guns and hunting , now i love my Savage 204 bull barrel with a Nikon 8 to 32 power ground hog scope !
my cousin has a 80 acre farm , i really have the hogs under control ! each mourning after i shoot the vultures eat well .
picked up a Savage 338 Lapua did all the home work , using Norma Ammo made my first 500 & 1000 yard shot . :p:hail:

Last winter decided to take the 338 on a White Tail Hunt , a bit over kill ! It was quite cold and twice i pulled the trigger
heard and felt a weak ping , & miss fire ! i only how started to look into the problem on line discovered a lot on line ,
It seems that i am not alone with this problem ? Even when the weather is warm the pin does not hit very hard ?
There fore i feel that i need a stronger bolt spring . would like to know what spring strength comes factory and where to get a stronger spring ? Brownells ? all for now thanks z.
PS Checked the contact on the firing pin , good extension ! :cheer2:

Rick_W
11-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Welcome - thank you for your service.

drybean
11-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Welcome

GaCop
11-21-2014, 08:44 AM
WOLF makes excellent springs, that's the route I would go, Welcome aboard.

B52buff
11-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Welcome from NE Michigan and Welcome Home!