PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: stock bmag trigger guard needed

misslebait
11-15-2014, 12:31 AM
Ok so the boy went to take the trigger guard off his gun and broke it, anyone have a guard I can buy

Edzzed
11-15-2014, 05:26 PM
You can buy them on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Savage-Axis-Trigger-Guard-Black-Plastic-New-Takeoff-/161481897543?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2599123647 or http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=savage+trigger+guard Or you can buy a replacement METAL trigger guard from Boyds http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/SearchByKeyword?word=trigger%20guard

misslebait
11-15-2014, 11:54 PM
those wont work on the bmag, the bmag trigger guard is different than a standard savage otherwise I would just machine one myself, I solid modeled it and to machine one is REALLY complex... Even with my CNC 5 axis machine it would take more than one setup and then still might not work

sharpshooter
11-16-2014, 12:45 AM
To make just one on a cnc mill would not be worth the time. I set up to make several, and it takes 2 dedicated fixtures and a special radiused mill. You have to fixture the parts a minimum of 4 times. Unless your'e making a coupla dozen, it would be quicker to make it on a manual mill.

misslebait
11-16-2014, 12:57 AM
Yep and the way that it latches in the front not sure I can get it to work correct.. Easier to find a take off or wait till monday and talk to savage since this gun has other issues also... He just wanted to go hunt over the holiday in 2 weeks but he might just have to use another rifle instead

To make just one on a cnc mill would not be worth the time. I set up to make several, and it takes 2 dedicated fixtures and a special radiused mill. You have to fixture the parts a minimum of 4 times. Unless your'e making a coupla dozen, it would be quicker to make it on a manual mill.

Lonewulf
11-16-2014, 11:42 AM
are you talking about the trigger guard on the original synthetic stock or a Boyds stock?

misslebait
11-16-2014, 12:57 PM
stock

Lonewulf
11-17-2014, 09:40 AM
I already sold my syn stock off my skinny b-mag or I would have one, and I don't have my heavy barrel b-mag back yet from savage to take that one off ( boyds stock sitting here waiting like I am)

misslebait
11-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Well just got off the phone with Savage, Rifle is going back to them tomorrow..... owned it exactly 6 days...

barrel-nut
11-17-2014, 05:08 PM
That sucks. My very first Savage Model 10 had a plastic triggerguard. It broke too the first time I tightened the action screws- and they were loose when I bought it. Had to replace it immediately. I'm ok with plastic in non- critical areas for cost-cutting, but not on something like a trigger guard that is essentially a big washer for the rear action screw. That's not ok. I've made a point ever since, to check carefully for plastic parts before buying a new rifle.

misslebait
11-17-2014, 07:28 PM
what sucks is we have had the rifle a total of 6 days and we bought this for our hunt in texas over thanksgiving, now 6-8 weeks if we are lucky to get it back from savage... going to go get him another rifle to use while we are there.... I own 11 savage rifles and the quality on this one is HORRIBLE, and 6-8 weeks for replacement, come on!

barrel-nut
11-18-2014, 12:34 AM
I agree. That's why I said it sucks. They can and should do better.

Lonewulf
11-18-2014, 01:33 AM
good luck on getting it back in 6 -8 weeks, they have had my HB B-mag since June 2nd replacing it