PDA

View Full Version : bolt hanging up

Lapuamag
11-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Ok I got my new rifle and slid the bolt in and when I tried the Accu-Trigger I about fell over how good it was! I handed the rifle to the salesman that I was doing my paperwork with the rifle and he tried it and he looked at me with big grin. Now the problem when I pushed the button in the trigger guard to release the bolt while squeezing the trigger it stuck and would not come forward. After working with it for a min. I got it to come back out to its normal position and the bolt did finally come out. The guy behind the counter looked at it and he was wondering what the hell and so Im asking you guys am I doing something wrong with it ? I got the rifle home and tried to get the bolt out of it and im having trouble with it so any input would be great.

michaelnel
11-15-2014, 11:06 AM
I have 3 recent mfg Savage rifles, and all three were difficult to remove the bolt at first. As they wore in it got easier and easier.

Make sure you have the trigger pulled all the way, then work on depressing the release. When you get those down, whack the bolt handle to the rear with your hand. It'll come out. When you get it out, lubricate it and put it back in. Take it out. Repeat until it gets easier.