PDA

View Full Version : Serial number/part number for bottom metal from Savage for 111 ITH?

Pages : 1 [2]

DeckArtist
10-16-2015, 10:46 PM
Wow, so I am about to go through the same exact problem. Bought a TH .270 recently with both a Chaote Ultimate Varmint and a 'tupperware' stock that had been modified. Both are a mess cause the PO epoxied the 'blind' mag in wrong on the Choate [won't feed properly] and on the tupperware, the mag bottom plate is loose and again...epoxy.

So I happily went to Boyd's website and ordered the right hand version of the same exact stock. Went back to Midway for the bottom metal for the AICS mag and found I cannot get the mag for it. Wanted factory bottom metal from Savage, but for the TH, it is not a clickable item [cause of the tupperware I suppose].

Mine's a long action, top release bolt model 111 .270. Is there another real metal option for me on the Savage website possibly? I can do the inletting as I work with wood daily. I want this build to work as I love the rifle. I am keeping the tupperware and selling the Chaote, but I really want the Boyd's stock to work.