PDA

View Full Version : Ruger american blues

shooterfpga
11-10-2014, 10:26 PM
So after repeatedly coming up short when searching for a 6.5 creedmoor in stock anywhere my LGS had just received a ruger american predator chambered in one and i sprang for it. Its still never been fired and has sat.

Reasons? I can already tell the flimsy stock is going to be an issue. While boyds is making stocks for these they still dont have the pro varmint version available.

Secondly, nobody seems to talk about these rifles. Whether its mods, torque tuning values, anything.

Lastly, i wish i had waited for a savage th xp in this caliber instead.

jonbearman
11-11-2014, 02:06 PM
You have what you have and you should clean it and shoot it as is. The reason I say this is the guys on another site have said that the ones they own are really good shooters and I mean good , like way less than moa at any distance within the cartridges capability. Shoot that thing and let us know how she does. Put a decent glass on it right off the bat.

shooterfpga
11-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Honestly i normally would have already shot it. Ive seen countless reviews on the regular ruger american but the only two reviews that so far have come out about this new predator show lack luster results. Both were in the 223 version. Weather conditions yesterday were absolutely horrible with 10mph steady winds and gusts of 15-20 so i didnt want to bother.