PDA

View Full Version : What makes a rifle accurate?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

icker96
11-19-2014, 12:06 PM
interesting...are the targets all the same distance or do they vary? also what is the longest distance you shoot at these matches?

Everything is at 100. The range is going to build a 300yd bay and is in the process of permitting. They just got the hardest permit so hopefully it will happen in the near future

But for now I just shoot 100yds unless I travel which I will do some once I become proficient at 100.

icker96
11-19-2014, 12:18 PM
JCalhoun, it is a sporter barel and I have a Pusuut X1 6-24x 44mm scope. It actually has good optics and works great for 100yds. Not sure if it will be enough when I move out to 300. I think I am pretty sold on replacing the stock with a Boyd's Pro Varmint (used to be Tacticool).
I will try flat base bullets for the 100 yds. What do you guys suggest for weight in a 1:9 barrel? Should I stay heavy or just try 55gr? (I think foxx said 55 in an earlier post). I would assume I would then have a FB load for 100yds and a BT load for 300. When I get to 300 will I need to change the BT load I am currently using at 100?

Sorry for all the continuing questions, but you guys are a wealth of knowledge so I am soaking up as much as you will give me

LongRange
11-19-2014, 11:12 PM
Got ya on the distances. As far as bullets I personally shoot heavies in both my riffles as they do better in the wind as long as you can keep velocities in the upper ranges for the bullet weight. As far as your BT load and 300yds you will need to shoot it at 300 and see if it holds together if not you will be able to tighten it up with a little tweak in powder or seating.