PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10p Stock

scrtsqrl
11-05-2014, 10:57 PM
I am brand new to the savage game and all of their numbers and stuff. I was pretty much sold on buying a remington 700 varmint heavy barrel but then I would have to buy a detachable magazine, a timney trigger, a new stock, get the barrel threaded, and that was a whole lot of money that I was not "allowed" to spend so I bought a savage 10p with accutriger, 20 inch threaded heavy barrel, and detachable magazine and it was about a 130 dollars cheaper than the remington 700 I was looking at.

I have done a lot of reading and savage does not make it easy trying figure out all of the numbers and the non-sense. I went ahead and bought a short action 20 moa scope mount for it. I know that I need to replace the stock. I am having a hard time finding an after market stock. I have felt the choate ultimate varmint and love it but I can not find one with a detachable magazine. I am pretty much open to any suggestions for a stock that is under 300 and has a pistol grip or thumb hole stock. Any help would be appreciated.

pdog2062
11-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Try Boyd's gun stocks,I have three of their thumbhole stocks and really like them.

chukarmandoo
11-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Shoot it like it is! Forget the "need a different stock" and you'll be fine.

darkker
11-12-2014, 09:17 PM
1)I have done a lot of reading and savage does not make it easy trying figure out all of the numbers and the non-sense.
2)I went ahead and bought a short action 20 moa scope mount for it.
3)I know that I need to replace the stock.
4)I am having a hard time finding an after market stock. .

1) Read the Centerfire FAQ about actions. The numbers really are all the same, just action bolt spacing.
2) Why..?? I run into LOTS of people who do that because "They have to", but they don't run FFP's, don't dial, don't know what their scope has for adjustment anyway. For $229 Primary Arms sells a FFP Mil/Mil scope, that has better glass, MORE adjustment than the SWFA 3-15. Point being, for what you are doing, are you certain you will "need" that adjustment?
3) Why? You'll get no argument from me that factory sewer pipe is, well.... just that. But it never hindered my groups, just didn't like it.
4) Boyds, or I bought an ultimate Sniper here from a member for about $150.