PDA

View Full Version : Savage Action with Accutrigger missing center blade...

toasty
11-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Just picked up a new old savage 22-250 for another build and it has the accutrigger. I usually do a little trigger work to lighten accutriggers and replace the trigger spring with a target trigger spring from SSS, but this will be a lightweight mountain packing rifle in 7mm-08. The previous owner removed the center blade in the accutrigger. I've tested out the safety on the trigger, it seems solid. It has a pull weight of 1lb 2oz, but I am still thinking I would like the center blade due to this being in thick brush and a dedicated big game hunting gun. I called savage and they offered to send me the center blade with the spring for free, but since I don't have an FFL, they wouldn't ship it to me. Any ideas where a guy could get these two parts?

jonbearman
11-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Offer an email saying you accept all responsibility for the installation of this part and hold savage harmless of any charges should there be an accident or failure to install correctly. We all know it is simple but they have lawyers who keep them out of court.

Digduggy
11-06-2014, 01:35 AM
Savage has a release form available... When you call ask for them to send it... He sent me one and i e-signed it and returned it via email while he was taking my order

GaCop
11-06-2014, 06:01 AM
Good to know.

toasty
11-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Got the form for liability release, but now they say they will only sell me the entire trigger assembly for about $40. I will say, I have not been impressed with customer service. Most calls are lasting 30 min+, they are not organized, and they will not provide me the parts I want even though I am willing to pay for them. I will fill out the form and try to get just the blade one more time, if it doesn't work, I think I will leave the trigger as is and test it to make sure it is safe.

bootsmcguire
11-06-2014, 11:35 PM
Tell them you have the form on file already and order part numbers

SEAR STOP - P/N: 105371 $5.00

SEAR STOP SPRING (ACCU-TRIG) - P/N: 105269 $2.00

They list them as separate parts so you can buy them as separate parts. Often times the people you get are just reps that only know whats on the screen in front of them and nothing more. Giving them the numbers they can punch in and see are often what you need to give them to get exactly what you want. This is what is awesome about the Savage Parts Finder (https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/) on their website, it gives you the power to find the exact numbers you need to order exactly what you want.

Good luck.

Digduggy
11-06-2014, 11:50 PM
You beat me to it Boots!

bootsmcguire
11-07-2014, 12:04 AM
What can I say, I do what I do. ;)

Digduggy
11-07-2014, 12:23 AM
I got BSing with the guy last week, he really knew his stuff... Turns out he was former military... So maybe I was just lucky as well

jonbearman
11-07-2014, 01:27 AM
Its sad that these companys don't put experienced people on the parts order desk so we can just buy what we need without hassle. This is like amazon, I bought a hornady bullet puller and got a replacement cam and I called with assurance that would send me the whole tool. It showed up today and it was the same part. If they put the oldest near retirement person to give him a break and then getting the right parts would be easy.

Digduggy
11-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Or at least choose a vendor to sell parts and supply them with enough stock