PDA

View Full Version : Accu-Stock/Action Question

Rosco
11-04-2014, 10:41 PM
I have a SA RH DBM Accustock which I was hoping to use with a Hog Hunter Donor action. Just to be sure this would work I called Savage Support and spoke with support. They stated it would not function correctly because I would need to use an Action that had been designed to work in the Accustock and was drilled for that 3rd screw.

Then I noticed this thread here...

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?34611-Hog-Hunter-to-Accustock-parts-question&highlight=accustock

So can you use the standard 10/110 4.4 action in the AccuStock with a Sporter Barrel and just ignore that last screw? Feel like I am missing something here.

foxx
11-04-2014, 10:48 PM
What third screw? The Accustock has 2 screws. The Hog hunter has 2 screws. You wll either need to cut your lug shorter or get an accustock lug. Other than that and the fact the HH is blind mag, I don't see a problem and have no idea what they are talking about.

foxx
11-04-2014, 10:51 PM
Oh, the HH is top bolt release and the Accustock is for bottom bolt release. You'll have to inlet for it, but no big deal there either. They are saying it isn't made to be interchangeable doesn't mean you can't adjust where necessary.

Frankly, they are not the ones to ask. they can't tell you to change anything they design.

Rosco
11-04-2014, 11:04 PM
This article states you tighten the forward, middle then rear screws. Unless I am reading it wrong that would be 3.

http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?265-Proper-Torque-Sequence-For-The-AccuStock

Also this is from an older AccuStock Article

Because of the AccuStock’s unique design, neither the stock nor the barreled action of AccuStock-equipped
models will work with said components of prior Savage Model 110s, or its variants; therefore, upgrading an older rifle isn’t an option. But, don’t fret, as the price difference between AccuStock-equipped models and non-AccuStock rifles is marginal—less than $100.
AccuStock-outfitted models have several features that distinguish them from their counterparts, including: a smooth barrel locknut (as opposed to
the notched version); a bolt release in the front of the trigger guard (instead of on the right, rear side of the receiver); and a third action screw. Currently, AccuStock models are available in the Model 10 line, including the new Precision Carbine, FCP, BAS and BAT/s, as well as several iterations in the Model 11/111 and 16/116 series.

Rosco
11-04-2014, 11:37 PM
Thanks for quick reply Foxx, as always I do appreciate it!!

foxx
11-04-2014, 11:56 PM
sure. Yes, that's the original Accustock. Not an issue anymore in that regard.

Rosco
11-04-2014, 11:59 PM
The stock I have has the 3rd screw which is what was confusing me.

foxx
11-05-2014, 12:02 AM
Well, then, I don't know. I have a newer version of the Accustock for a S/A leaning in the corner. ;)

Rosco
11-05-2014, 12:15 AM
Mine will probably end up in a corner too :)