PDA

View Full Version : 11/111 Scope Rings

RStrick12
11-04-2014, 07:02 PM
I got one of the trophy hunter 11/111 combo packages that came with a Nikon scope. Does anyone know what scope rings come on that stock and if they're any good? Ive used it a little bit but just haven't had much luck with it staying tight. Also, what would you suggest switching them to?

tufrthnails
11-04-2014, 07:07 PM
I swapped to DNZ Gamereaper mount one piece rings and mount. Not had an issue since. Only drawback for me is if you need a lot of adjustablity for the scope.

foxx
11-04-2014, 07:17 PM
There's a lot of good ones. Warne, leupold, burris. Just don't go cheap like $10 or something. Leupold Rifleman are decent, inexpensive aluminum 2 pieces. Tally makes a decent solid ring/mount combination. I really like DNZ game reaper for hunting rigs. Burris Signature Zee rings are good but a bit expensive, they are designed to allow you to add cante to the scope (likely not needed in your situation). But they also have a nice hard rubber internal gasket/ring/collar that protect the scope from the rings. Be sure to get a good BASE and RINGS (unless it's a combo deal like DNZ or Tally) Your problem with the factory rings, for example, might be the bases. Those factory bases tend to be weak and will show signs of wearing loose when you remove the rings from the base.