PDA

View Full Version : Factory HS Precision Stock for F-Class?

mattri
10-31-2014, 04:43 PM
Has anyone shot a LRPV or used the factory 3-screw stock in F-class?

How does it do?

The fore-end isn't shaped like most br stocks but seems like it would be ok with a bipod, not sure about the grip area.

Thoughts?

rdog52
11-01-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm interested in replies, too. I have the same stock available and will be building an F T/R rig soon.

mattri
11-02-2014, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the bump, I'm new enough to this that any info helps.

Mgysgt
11-04-2014, 10:10 AM
I use the benchrest Savage stock. It works well.

jhelmuth
11-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Has anyone shot a LRPV or used the factory 3-screw stock in F-class?

How does it do?

The fore-end isn't shaped like most br stocks but seems like it would be ok with a bipod, not sure about the grip area.

Thoughts?

Well... there are 2 HS-Precision stocks (styles) and ecah of them come in a 3-screw and DBM configuration. But the LRPV only used the "classic" style 3-screw (PSV-106), as well as the DBM version (PSV-118).

Now my understanding of the F/TR rules is that you are not allowed to use a magazine (IE - single feed rounds) in the competition, but it is (again - my understanding) OK to use a DBM as long as the rounds are feed single. I have both setups and I insert a SSS Fred Sled in the DBM as a replacement for the DBM.

I can't speak intelligently about what is "typical" at most F/TR matches, or even to what is preferred by most F/TR guys with respect to stocks (or any such thing for that matter). I can tell you that I have no issues with using the HS Precision (either single-shot 3-screw PSV-106 or repeater PSV-118) in a prone position (on a mat with a bipod and rear bag - very much like F/TR rules would apply). I do think the PST-114 (Pro Tactical with DBM) would possibly be slightly more comfortable and possibly a better grip. But I've yet to try that - although I'd like to do so. Unfortunately, I think the PST-114 ONLY comes in the DBM repeater and has not single shot 3-screw equivalent. So I think you could use it if the Fred-Sled were employed/allowed.

Interesting... and I'll follow along to see what other have to say.

JCalhoun
11-04-2014, 05:38 PM
In F-Class you may have a magazine in your rifle but you cannot feed from it. See the rules pertaining to NRA Highpower slow fire.

In looking at stocks for F-Class you must also check that the forend is not too wide.

mattri
11-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Excellent replies, thanks. This stock is for the RBLP PTA with no mag provision, just the solid al bedding block so I'm guessing its the 106 version. I'll have to check the forend.

jhelmuth
11-05-2014, 06:16 AM
The fore-end is within the F/TR specs.