PDA

View Full Version : Duramaxx Issues, ?????

7stw
04-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Just received my new duramaxx stock. I got the one that is OD green, with black spiderweb. Mounted it on my 10fp, .223, and the trouble began. The barrel is hard up against the right side. I checked for anything obvious, but did not see anything. It is saturday, so Stockys, or B/C is closed, NATURALLY! By the way, my experience was very good on my purchase. Ordered it last sunday, it arrived on thursday . No troubles!!!. My questionis, should I send it to B/C or Stocky's? Or is there a easy fix that someone has seen before. Otherwise, I truly do like the feel, and the construction. It does seem to be very stiff, and seems to have ample clearance (except this one) between the barrel. Help!!!!!!!

GUNFANATIC
04-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Most often it is that your recoil lug is not completely squared. I always bed Duramaxes. Square everything up, remove material where you need to and bed it.

Dr. Vette
04-18-2010, 01:41 AM
I've heard of this issue before. As noted, it may well be the area around the recoil lug.

It's worth becoming a paying member to read the tech articles, such as how to tweak the Duramaxx stock:

http://savageshooters.com/index.php?articleview=A Look into Improving the Duramaxx