PDA

View Full Version : Best way to replace the bolt handle of my Weather Warrior?

Ridge Runner
04-17-2010, 12:07 PM
I have a weather warrior package in 30-06. I would like to replace the bolt handle with a larger, teardrop shaped one.

Suggestions? Sources? Recomendations on how to do it?

Thank you.

mopar440
04-17-2010, 12:51 PM
sss has some brownells i think carries stockades or you can get from them just an allen wrench take the back bolt nut off

Dangerous Dan
04-17-2010, 03:43 PM
as 440 Mopar says Take The Allen screw out , It Is easy , Remove The Bolt from Gun and Put On sold Floor and a pice of carpet clock the allen wrench at 4 oclook step on the bolt with carpet folded over the bolt and allen then step on the allen and it is loose .
Install ne Bolt or install new Oversized knob and reinstall in reverse . The carpet works every time Hope it helps DD

MARK25-06
04-17-2010, 08:06 PM
UNCOCK THE FIRING PIN FIRST. OR STRIP THE THREADS MARK25-06

Slowpoke Slim
04-17-2010, 11:24 PM
I just swapped the one on my 243 with a SSS handle. I broke the allen head loose with the bolt in the receiver and the safety on. It was not on that hard. Once it was broke loose, I pullet the bolt from the gun and swapped the handle, then put it back in the receiver and tightened the allen head. It doesn't have to be THAT tight.

Worked for me, and once the allen head was broke loose, it spun out quite freely from the back of the bolt. The threads weren't under any load at all.

mopar440
04-18-2010, 05:30 AM
UNCOCK THE FIRING PIN FIRST. OR STRIP THE THREADS MARK25-06

i have only done few none where that tight but guess it depends on who put it together at the factory i have brokem loose in the action and a brass jaw vise with a plastic allen combination pack