PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket stock

Pages : 1 [2]

Curtis
10-27-2014, 07:36 PM
You say i would need new button also for mag release. Do they brake on removal. I would take apart now but deer season in a week dont want miss that.

foxx
10-27-2014, 07:46 PM
The button should not break. There is a plastic "trim piece" that surrounds the hole the button goes through. That trim piece is a few dollars at Numrich and also, the buttons are avail from them if you lose it. Having said all of that, I would not want to start a new project this close to deer season. Keep what you have now, get through the season and then start playing around with it when there's no time crunch.

Curtis
10-27-2014, 08:16 PM
I am pretty sure that is the way I will go, just been trying boyds all day never got through , there site says if order is over 100 us they will not ship out of country , and I am from Ontario Canada. with that all being said I will get my parts list in order for the plate , that plastic, oil etc ready for job after the hunt.

Curtis
10-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Been searching site for the parts is this the floor plate you refer to for the 114 model SKU: 1352910B, if so all I can find is sold out, why is this floor plate needed if I do not have that on my rifle?

foxx
10-28-2014, 11:09 AM
I cannot locate that part either. If that is the right part number, it is sold out. Sometimes you have to look at numerous pages to find what you are looking for. In my opinion, if you can't locate one of those, don't bother with the stock. It is necessary to have one because it serves as a solid foundation to mount the action to. It is a metal piece that surrounds the opening for the magazine well and is not used on the plastic versions, but is for the wood. Wood stocks need that piece because it acts as a washer for your action screws and the stock is in-letted for it. I suppose if you already had the stock and were just missing that piece (and were really good with Devkon 10110, for example), you might be able to fabricate something to fill the void in the stock that the floor plate fills, I do not know. I nearly attempted to do so but got lucky and found that piece. I am not sure if I bought the last one from Numrich, but I know I managed to acquire 4 or 5 of them last winter. Let me look around the mess I call my shop/workbench and see if I have an extra one laying around. If I do, I might be persuaded to send it to you just because I feel bad talking you into this project only to find out you can't do it w/o that part. :(

Curtis
10-28-2014, 01:56 PM
Ok. This morning I have ordered the stock from Numrich after going to my only gunsmith. He told me toss savage and buy a browning at 1500. So after all that I was going through parts diagram from mine and a model 114 with same button release style and could not find any difference other then the 114 had open sights.
my stock has a metal around the mag area. How can I put picture up for viewing my stock.

foxx
10-28-2014, 02:13 PM
PM inbound

foxx
10-28-2014, 02:38 PM
I can send you a pic if you give me your e-mail or cell #....

basically, if there is a flat (or somewhat rounded) metal piece that covers the bottom of the exterior of your stock and extends from the front of your trigger guard to just past the front action screw, you are good. That is the part we're looking for. Even if it is plastic, but REMOVABLE, it will work. If your stock is solid plastic with nothing looking like a trim piece around the hole where you insert the magazine, you're out of luck. All the plastic stocks I have seen with the old style detachable box magazine and it's button release that protrudes thru a round hole in the side of the stock do not have that "floor plate" or "trim piece". There's just a crude hole cut into the bottom of the stock that the mag is inserted into.