PDA

View Full Version : Front sight screw size - Hog Hunter

Zoomanderson
10-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Does anyone know what size the screw that holds the front size on the Hog Hunter is? I can't get the blade off of the sight in order to get to the screw without damaging it. The guy who built it must have used a gallon of Loctite.
Thanks!
Ben

jac091498
10-24-2014, 09:20 PM
I don't know the exact size of the screw, unfortunately. If you do manage to get the sight off, however, you can plug the hole with the filler screws in the receiver for your optic mounts.

BillPa
10-25-2014, 08:37 AM
Does anyone know what size the screw that holds the front size on the Hog Hunter is? I can't get the blade off of the sight in order to get to the screw without damaging it. The guy who built it must have used a gallon of Loctite.
Thanks!
Ben

I don't have some, but I assume its a 6-48 the same as the mount threads. Heat the head of the screw with a soldering iron and use hollow ground blade screw driver. As you put downward pressure and turn the driver tap downward on the handle with a small hammer. The heat will soften the Loctite and tapping on the screwdriver handle will help to release the screw preload. Its how I used to remove them.

Bill