PDA

View Full Version : Scope mount for 10FLCP-K

NVsouthpaw
10-21-2014, 12:00 PM
This is my first post and I certainly hope that I am using the right board. I own a couple 10FLCP-K rifles and have used EGW mounts on each. The first rifle and mount were purchased back in 2011. The mount came with 2 short screws (front) and 2 long screws (rear).
I recently purchased the second rifle and chose to go with the same EGW mount, 41020. This mount arrived with 4 short screws.
I emailed EGW about this thinking that someone screwed up. I received a prompt reply from Jim Macort, the GM at EGW. Jim explained that they made this change about a year and a half ago at Savage's request. All is good.
Another change is in the front screw hole of the mount. It is not machined as deep as the other holes and the screw does not seat at the same depth as the others. This is not seem after the rings and scope are mounted.

I would like to say that I had a very good experience in dealing with Jim and EGW. Nice company to do business with.

Little Creek
10-23-2014, 04:32 PM
This is my first post and I certainly hope that I am using the right board. I own a couple 10FLCP-K rifles and have used EGW mounts on each. The first rifle and mount were purchased back in 2011. The mount came with 2 short screws (front) and 2 long screws (rear).
I recently purchased the second rifle and chose to go with the same EGW mount, 41020. This mount arrived with 4 short screws.
I emailed EGW about this thinking that someone screwed up. I received a prompt reply from Jim Macort, the GM at EGW. Jim explained that they made this change about a year and a half ago at Savage's request. All is good.
Another change is in the front screw hole of the mount. It is not machined as deep as the other holes and the screw does not seat at the same depth as the others. This is not seem after the rings and scope are mounted.

I would like to say that I had a very good experience in dealing with Jim and EGW. Nice company to do business with.

Thanks for the post. I have a 10FLCP-K in 308 on layaway. What scope did you use, and what kind of accuracy is the rifle capable out of the box?

missed
10-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the post. I have a 10FLCP-K in 308 on layaway. What scope did you use, and what kind of accuracy is the rifle capable out of the box?
I have one with a vortex PST scope on it, and it's a consistent sub moa gun.