PDA

View Full Version : Savage 111 Trophy Hunter Aftermarket Stock

Goodrum
10-19-2014, 07:59 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and I am looking at budget stocks for my Trophy Hunter 111 XP chambered in .308. Does anyone know anything about the Boyds Pro Varmint Stocks? They seem to be priced very well. I want to know if they are a good or at least decent stock, are they accurate, and what all do you have to do to fit the stock with the gun. I haven't done much work with modifying guns and I'm not sure what all extras I might need to get. This gun is going to primary be used as a deer rifle but I want to get into long range shooting and I really like the Varmint/tactical look. Any information about these or other stocks would be greatly appreciated.

Old Guy
10-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Welcome to the forum!
I've got the same rifle. I put it in a Boyds stock and it bolted right in without any fitting issues. Make sure you order their action screws. Plus you'll have to order the bottom metal from Savage or there are aftermarket companies for the bottom metal. If you order from Savage, you need the bottom metal and need to change out the magazine bottoms from plastic to metal.
Someone else on this board gave me the part numbers for the parts you'll need if you order from Savage:

Use G901441 as a serial number to find your parts.

MAG BOTTOM, SHORT (308)MATTE (DBM) - PN: 106245 $19.00
FRAME ASSY SHORT MATTE (DBM) - PN: 106238 $68.00

Goodrum
10-20-2014, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the input. If I already have to buy extra parts to fit the magazine do you think it would be worth it to instal an aftermarket magazine system? I don't even know if they make any for Savage, but I saw some for the Remington 700. The magazine release was an extended lever in front of the trigger guard and It had a 10 round mag. Is there anything like this offered for the Trophy Hunter?

Tarheelpwr
10-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the input. If I already have to buy extra parts to fit the magazine do you think it would be worth it to instal an aftermarket magazine system? I don't even know if they make any for Savage, but I saw some for the Remington 700. The magazine release was an extended lever in front of the trigger guard and It had a 10 round mag. Is there anything like this offered for the Trophy Hunter?

You should be able to convert the rifle to a blind mag and just use the included magazine. Pop off the bottom part and you have the internal blind mag set up. That will save you money unless you really want the DBM.

Goodrum
10-27-2014, 12:23 AM
I was really looking more to expand it to 10 rounds.