PDA

View Full Version : DBM Conversion help on model 116 W/Warrior .270WIN

AussieMitchell
10-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Hey all. New to the forum but had my rifle/s for near 2 years. Ive just about had it with the Internal mag.
Main inquiry was that I'm aware Sharp Shooter Supply have the conversion parts but before i start phoning the states from Aus, I was wondering if it'd be not such a burden on someone's spare time to list exactly the things i need and possibly a walkthrough guide how to do the job, with pics and links? (Centrefeed)
I know it's been asked like 7623 times before but i would love to know before i order any parts unknowingly.

Thanks in advance!

J.Baker
10-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Parts Needed:

1 - L/A stock inlet to accept DBM or HFP hardware
1 - L/A DBM bottom metal
1 - L/A DBM magazine box bottom plate

You would reuse your existing blind magazine box, follower, and follower spring as the magazine box bottom plate snaps right onto the bottom of your blind box.

This is ASSUMING that your rifle has the bottom bolt release on it (in front of trigger guard). If not, you will need to look into one of the aftermarket DBM setups like those offered by CDI Precision (http://www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com/). Also note that the stock inlet is different for the aftermarket DBM hardware so you will need to talk to the manufacturer about who offers stocks inlet for their hardware or if they can inlet your existing stock for you (the latter probably wouldn't interest you due to the international shipping hassle).

geargrinder
10-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Savage made centerfeed DBM's prior to the switch to the bottom bolt release. You'll just need the appropriate bottom metal depending on where your bolt release is.

jpdown
10-21-2014, 10:30 PM
You need a LA DBM SS metal frame assembly (surround), a LA DBM SS metal bottom cap, a shorter front stock screw and a Savage LA, CF, DBM stock. The bottom cap snaps on to your current metal blind magazine box and follower. I would call Jim at Northland Shooter Supply. He usually has the parts you need in stock. You will also need a new style SS metal trigger guard with the thicker front lip, or your will need to put a spacer or bedding under the back of the frame assembly to raise it and your current trigger guard level with the bottom of the stock. That is assuming you currently have a Savage 116 action with top bolt release.

J.Baker
10-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Savage made centerfeed DBM's prior to the switch to the bottom bolt release. You'll just need the appropriate bottom metal depending on where your bolt release is.

That's right, the DBM's came out in 2005 and the bottom bolt release didn't show up until the following year.