PDA

View Full Version : 10PC accustock modification (fiberglass)

Ericm
10-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Does anybody out there have experience modifying accustocks with fiberglass ? Looking to do some modifications to my 10pc. Thanks .

Ericm

the Ranger
10-13-2014, 11:45 PM
not me. just wondering what it is you want to accomplish?

Ericm
10-14-2014, 06:24 AM
ranger
To not spend a bunch of money right now was the first goal .I was searching around the web and found a thread (for the life of me I can't remember where or what site) with some pics of a 10pc that the owner had modded the stock to have a more vertical grip. It ended up looking "m40-ish". I was more worried about the resin being compatible with the stock material than anything else. "the modder" had posted some notes along with the pictures but I don't remember exactly what they were . I might try to find a take off stock to try out what I want to do and still have a working rifle . Thanks .

Ericm

olddav
10-14-2014, 09:11 AM
Might I suggest that you use exopy resin with a glass mat.

Ericm
10-14-2014, 02:35 PM
olddav,
That was the plan , but i wasn't sure if the "accustock" material was compatible with the epoxy , didnt want to end up with a conceptual art project instead of a riflestock. Thanks.

Ericm

olddav
10-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Epoxy is safe on just about all plastics at least I've never seen one that it isn't safe on The one thing to watch out for is heat due to mixing large batches, and as you know heat is not good for plastic. Polyester resin is the one to avoid, too hot and cures too hard.

Ericm
10-14-2014, 04:09 PM
olddav,
Thats the info that I needed ,I still have to shoot it and did not want to have to wait for a replacement stock if I goofed this one up. Still may try to find a takeoff to work on while I shoot with this one . Thanks again.

Ericm