PDA

View Full Version : Noob rings base questions 10FP-SR

Dedezelic
10-09-2014, 03:27 PM
New guy here. Tried searching but couldn't find an answer. Yesterday I bought a Model 10FP-SR in .223. What are some good base and rings options for this model especially as it has a blind magazine so I don't want too much trouble loading rounds. Thanks!

jonbearman
10-14-2014, 10:05 AM
Weaver blocks would be fine along with burris signature zee rings to top it off. The burris have the plastic inserts so it wont mar your scope incase you want to sell it down the road.

jhelmuth
10-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Just my opinion, but there are 2 choices I think are superior...

Lowest cost option would be the One-piece base-n-rings from Talley. Very strong... lightweight.... and easy to mount. Their cons are: *can't change the MOA slope for longer distances (not usually a big deal for a .223 with a decent scope and 600yds or less) *can't adjust windage if mounts are not perfectly aligned due to base screw holes being misaligned.
Other than that, they are great and can be had in 1" and 30mm, in various heights to accommodate all but the largest objective scopes.

My personal fav are the Burris Trumount universal bases (with adjustable rear) combined with their Signature rings. Fantastic quality... can adjust MOA (via their ring inserts) AND windage (rear)... no cons what-so-ever (IMNSHO) - albeit they are not cheap.
They also are the best rings ever to NOT leave ring marks on your scope (which almost pays for themselves on resale)...