PDA

View Full Version : Burris Zee Rings Anesthetics/Durability

hnts4fun
10-06-2014, 09:16 PM
I have 2 projects calling for Weaver style rings. I've read everything I could find about the efforts of other folks to find a "good looking" Weaver style ring. I'm not looking for anything in the Tactical Genre. Just the opposite; looking for a gloss blued, classy, solidly functional set of rings. Vertical splits need not apply. I've stared at pictures of the Burris rings and the only thing that has me wondering is the size of the "grabber screw". The head looks tiny in comparison to most other ring sets but they seem to come highly recommended. The offset inserts are plus.

To those who are using these rings; have they maintained their grip on the bases?

One of my projects will be wearing a 30 mm tube while the other will be wearing a 1 inch tube.

Thank you.

geargrinder
10-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Mine have held a Nightforce on top of a sporter 338RUM without slipping in the inserts or damaging the cross screw.

That's about as severe of a test as I can imagine. Heavy optic with a hard kicker.

Burris Signatures are my go-to rings.

hnts4fun
10-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I'd say that's about as good a test of durability as I could ask for! Thank you.

drybean
10-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Best rings on the market

gotcha
10-06-2014, 10:33 PM
I recently installed 30MM signature Z's on a Picatinny rail. They came equipped with Torx head mounting screws. Much nicer looking than the slotted screw & the same size Torx as the ring caps. Its possible the Torx head will inter-change with the slotted head on the 1 inch rings. Give Burris CS a call. Nice people to work with......... P.S. let us all know if the Torx can be inter-changed. Inquiring minds want to know :)

hnts4fun
10-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Thanks much and regarding Torx-will do!

J.Baker
10-06-2014, 11:24 PM
No need for the torx screws as you're only tightening to 25-30 inch-pounds. Where most people screw up is they try to use standard screw driver to tighten rather than a hollow ground gunsmith's screw driver and wind up marring the head.

FEENIX
10-07-2014, 06:27 AM
Mine have held a Nightforce on top of a sporter 338RUM without slipping in the inserts or damaging the cross screw.

That's about as severe of a test as I can imagine. Heavy optic with a hard kicker.

Burris Signatures are my go-to rings.

Ditto!

hnts4fun
10-07-2014, 01:10 PM
I recently installed 30MM signature Z's on a Picatinny rail. They came equipped with Torx head mounting screws. Much nicer looking than the slotted screw & the same size Torx as the ring caps. Its possible the Torx head will inter-change with the slotted head on the 1 inch rings. Give Burris CS a call. Nice people to work with......... P.S. let us all know if the Torx can be inter-changed. Inquiring minds want to know :)

I just got off the phone with Burris CS; very nice folks and very helpful. Phil told me all Zee Rings are being shipped with Torx cross bolts and that if anyone received a new purchase with slotted cross bolts to give him a call and he would be happy to replace them. I took that to mean they are interchangeable.

DzNutz
10-07-2014, 01:47 PM
I just went with these Rings on two of my Rifles and I like them a lot. I posted info and pictures in both of these threads:
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?38061-Vortex-Viper-on-the-FEDEX-truck-for-delivery!-Question-on-Rings
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?38487-Mod-110-scope-mount-and-ring-suggestions

stomp442
10-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Burris signature zee rings are the only way to go. Not only for looks but for the best most secure way to mount an optic. No ring marks perfect alignment and 100% ring to scope contact.

jpdown
10-07-2014, 03:16 PM
+1 on Burris Signature Zee rings, 1" or 30mm. Extra +/- inserts also allow you to center scope reticle to rifles POI without using up windage and elevation clicks for optimum scope clarity and performance. And they never leave ring marks on a high dollar scope.