PDA

View Full Version : Reloading

ofdscooby
04-12-2010, 11:40 PM
I just started reloading in fact I'm just waiting for powder and then I'm ready to start seating some bullets. My question is I have a 116 in 7mag and a 11 in .243win can anyone share a few loads that works for these guns both have stock barrels

Hutch
04-12-2010, 11:56 PM
do you have any reload manuals?? A wealth of info is loaded in them books......I don't load for either of em, but load manuals are always a good place to start. And uh...It's too late to quit now so just sit back and enjoy the ride ;)

Hutch

rjtfroggy
04-13-2010, 07:57 AM
Well you are on here so I know you have a computer so now use the search feature.
Just kidding. Most if not all the bullet and powder manufacture have a web site dedicated to their products and the powder makers have load charts available to anyone for free that give starting loads and max. loads.Even though I have the books I check the web sites for changes and updates before I load any new calibers or make any changes. I find if I stay at the midway point or a little lower I get my best groupings.

Tightgroups
04-13-2010, 05:17 PM
If you dont have a reloading manual, the Sierra Manual is one of the best, and would be my recommendation.
You will find you will use it all the time.
T.

Rooster 50
04-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Alliant ,Hodgdon, and several others have manuals and loads on line. Cost you nothing other than a minute to search.

ofdscooby
04-16-2010, 12:46 AM
I have loads picked out but I'm waiting on primers I ordered then i'll start I already have Noslers in 160 accubond for the 7mag and Noslers in 95 NBT for the .243 I'm going to use RL19 for the 7mag and H380 for the .243. I was only asking because I know different guns like different bullets and loads and I was hoping to narrow down the search a little.