PDA

View Full Version : Never Seen this until.......

Jamie
10-03-2014, 08:38 PM
I bought a HS Precision 2000P, yes pistol, in .300 RCM. So I find several boxes of ammo for it and get a great deal because it's 300 RCM and seemingly I am the only person with one. Any way, when fired you can pull the brass out and try to drop a .308 bullet into the case but it won't get passed the boat tail. Dangdest thing I've come across. Maybe I am just used to the chambers that main stream manufacturers use but it beats me. Factory unfired case measures .336 outside neck diameter. Fired case measures .337 outside with .3065-.307 inside neck diameter (not using professional quality tools). There is no additional pressure when closing the bolt, feels like it does when closing on a empty chamber. Is it just a good chamber to match the ammo or is this a common thing on actions in this range?

Also, weird thing number two.........

Using the Superformance branded ammo, you can eject and catch the brass that you just fired, and it is cooler than body temp, truly not warm at all. We were shooting indoors but sure enough, I eject the round, catch it in the air and hand it to my shooting buddy and he couldn't believe it either. Wonder what they are blending for this load but sure do wish, they would sell this exact blend as it seems to run very cool. Next time out I will try to remember to take my temp gun.

Any ideas on either of these?

drybean
10-03-2014, 09:32 PM
The ole dreaded donut

Jamie
10-03-2014, 10:20 PM
The ole dreaded donut

Do they get donuts at the case mouth? We are talking first time firing on these cases and the bullet will not go into the case mouth, we are no where near the neck/shoulder junction. The boat tail will go in but as soon as full diameter of the bullet hits the mouth it stops.

drybean
10-03-2014, 10:24 PM
never heard of that

Jamie
10-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Any one got an idea?

short round
10-06-2014, 12:55 AM
Jamie, bolt gun brass don't get hot like semi or full auto. As for brass neck size, reload as normal, new brass has spring back.

Jamie
10-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Thanks SR. I get the spring back part, just never saw it spring back to less than bullet diameter. Guess it is possible if it has a really tight neck.