PDA

View Full Version : 6 weeks for in stock parts...

CAPTBEACH
10-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Just a heads up...if you order anything from PTG and they say its in stock...have them go put there hands on it and pull the order for you RIGHT THEN...

Ordered a CM steel .250 recoil lug and a PTG LA 308 Bolt Head...was told BOTH were in stock and should ship next day...

A week and a half goes by...I call, give order number...oh, both of those on back order for production...2-3 weeks,, they ended up sending a SS recoil lug a few days later (I wanted STEEL) and the bolt head came yesterday...almost 6 weeks to the day...

olddav
10-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Yep, you can spend time or money.
Welcome to the world of online purchasing. Were you around during the mail order days? Calling around the country looking for the part you wanted and comparing prices, boy that's was fun.

Pastprime
10-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Just a heads up...if you order anything from PTG and they say its in stock...have them go put there hands on it and pull the order for you RIGHT THEN...

Ordered a CM steel .250 recoil lug and a PTG LA 308 Bolt Head...was told BOTH were in stock and should ship next day...

A week and a half goes by...I call, give order number...oh, both of those on back order for production...2-3 weeks,, they ended up sending a SS recoil lug a few days later (I wanted STEEL) and the bolt head came yesterday...almost 6 weeks to the day...

And, if you called and cancelled your order they would charge you a restocking fee for a part they didn't make or ship yet. Happened to a friend of mine on RFC recently