PDA

View Full Version : single shot or not

Jerry07dx
10-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Just got my first striker with no instruction manual and i have a question on how the safety functions. After firing the first shot and eject a round and slam another in the chamber (like a traditional rifle) it wont fire, i have no trigger. I have to lift the bolt handle, put it on safety, lower the bolt handle then put it back to FIRE and i can shoot the next round..... is this typical? are all strikers this way? Thanks in advance. I searched the web for days and have resorted to asking you guys

snowgetter1
10-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Sounds like the trigger has been adjusted or polished and the sear is tripping as you close the bolt. This could equal a slam fire. I would adjust the the screw that has the wire running into it on the right side of the trigger. Sorry, I don't know all the technical terms. Try a search on 110 trigger adjustments to help guide you. I have one that I adjusted and it would do the same thing. I adjusted it, but still always put the safety on after firing and prior to loading.

Jamie
10-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Sounds like the trigger has been adjusted or polished and the sear is tripping as you close the bolt. .

This is most likely correct and adjusting the trigger will should cure this. Your trigger will almost certainly be different than described above though. Those stocks and linkage are kinda famous for tweaking when you tighten the action down and trigger pull is very inconsistent. Blue may swing by and post pictures of the different generations of striker triggers. I gave up on them and just converted to reaer grip and used Rifle Basix triggers.