View Full Version : Axis questions

acemisser
10-03-2014, 11:06 AM
are there stocks and triggers for these rifles? Was thinking of
getting one of them..Can anyone tell me what is available
for them? :frusty:

jonbearman
10-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Boyds has just released these for sale not too long ago. As far as the trigger goes, check with Timney and rifle basix at their website's because I seem to remember that one of them is offering a better trigger.

DrThunder88
10-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Both Timney (Model #633) and Rifle Basix (Model SAV-1) make Axis triggers. Both are well-reviewed here and elsewhere. The factory trigger is pretty easy to tune, even for a hack like me, but I'd be comfortable with either if it were not so. I've got a Timney I'm looking to sell. PM me if you're interested.

Boyds and Sharp Shooter Supply make stocks for the rifles. Boyds' stocks include a recoil lug and trigger guard, but I don't know about SSS's. I've found Boyds stocks may need some additional inletting for a Timney trigger, but it's easy to do with a rotary tool.

acemisser
10-03-2014, 05:03 PM
thanks for the info....Not really ready to get another rifle just yet..But wanted to get
some info. first..

Edzzed
10-04-2014, 12:43 AM
I have the Savage Axis xp and put a Boyd's thumbhole stock on it with a Riflebasix trigger. Those were two of the best upgrades I did for it. The 3rd would be the scope. I upgraded it to a 4-12x40 Bushnell Trophy XLT. I can now hit small targets that I can't even see with my eyes.

acemisser
10-05-2014, 10:08 AM
:eyebrows: