PDA

View Full Version : Conversion of a bottom bolt release to a top bolt release.

grendelguy
10-02-2014, 08:44 AM
I know this has been done and I need it done!

I have a rifle I have put together in the last couple months and it shoots great but taking it out of the stock to remove the bolt is a sore spot for me. If there is anyone in the Roanoke VA area (within 50 mi) with experience with this I would like to chat about it or get the work done. If this is a simple fix and somebody would like to share info, I would greatly appreciate it.

RatMag
10-02-2014, 09:52 AM
You don't have to remove the reciever from the stock to remove the bolt. Just inside, next to the trigger, you will see the release tab. With the action in the "fired" position, insert a small rod or some sort, and press back on the release tab. Then cycle the bolt and remove it. It is a simple process, check it out.

DK

RatMag
10-02-2014, 09:54 AM
And yes, you can install the older style top bolt release. Just swap the bottom release with the top release. You will need to bend the bolt release tab outward, and ensure that your stock has been relieved in that area to make it work. Just a little time, and the correct part.

DK

grendelguy
10-03-2014, 05:07 AM
I am able yo use a small Allen wrench and press the small lever . Thanks never realized you could get to that lever so easily

RatMag
10-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Not a problem. That is the current method that I am using as well.

DK