PDA

View Full Version : Model 25: model 25 204 ruger preferred loads

axisrod
10-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Hi guys, newer member here and the proud owner of the model 25. I chose the 204 Ruger in hopes of getting a few coyotes, etc. this winter.
I'm wondering if other members who have this model and caliber have found loads that it prefers either in factory or reloaded. For reloads I'm hoping to be able to use the 39 grain Sierra.
I've handloaded for a few decades and am fully aware that each rifle has it's own likes and dislikes when it comes to this subject, but having said that, I'm looking for some real world input of proven ones.
This is a great forum and I appreciate the support provided by the members.

Tb

sav250
11-15-2014, 02:09 PM
I'll step in. I use only factory when it comes to .204 Ruger because the formula they use to exceed 4K fps the way it does with the accuracy it provides is pretty much patented and privately owned.

You can reload anything of course and if you are willing to reload for reduced performance then the sky can be the limit there.

243shooter
12-04-2014, 06:18 PM
I reload for my model 12 in 204. It took me a while but I finally found a very good accuracy load. I suggest you start with 26 grains of Reloader 15. Adjust the value up or down until you find the accuracy load that your rifle likes.