PDA

View Full Version : Making an action DBM

KTP
09-30-2014, 06:23 PM
This question has probably been asked before but I can't locate the thread. If I have a 4.4" internal box action, can I remove the box frame from the action and place it in a stock with a DBM and bottom metal? I don't see why not but wanted to ask the experts.
Thanks

snowgetter1
09-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Should only need the actual Bottom metal and a plastic bottom plate for your magazine.

foxx
09-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Yes. But you said something about removing the box frame from the action. The mag does not have a box frame nor is anything attached to the action. the stagger feed actions were that way, not the center feed. I am assuming yours is center feed b/c you said 4.40 inches. If indeed it is a center feed, you will need the surround for the bottom metal. There are differences, I think, for the top bolt release and trigger guard bolt release. Not sure on that.

KTP
09-30-2014, 09:56 PM
You are correct fox, I slid back into the ole stagger feed mode there for a second!!
I have the 4.4" action(from a center feed internal mag rifle) bottom metal, clip, and stock. I should be good to go then if I'm reading you guys right.

KTP
09-30-2014, 09:57 PM