PDA

View Full Version : Gettin a hold of Sharp Shooter Supply?

Pages : [1] 2

mattri
09-29-2014, 11:30 AM
Tryin to contact sss regarding a build. Tried calling and e-mailed a week ago, is there a better way?

BoilerUP
09-29-2014, 11:44 AM
SSDD...

Only way that EVER worked for me was numerous emails (say two a day, every day, for a week) until Lisa responded.

Then upon her reply, send the reply once per day until she responded to it.

Rinse, repeat, etc.

mattri
09-29-2014, 11:46 AM
Wow. How long was your turn around?

BoilerUP
09-29-2014, 11:52 AM
I didn't have them build anything - I was simply trying to buy some parts.

In the end it was about 7-10 days to place the order, maybe another 2 weeks to receive it...and when it showed up the order was incomplete but I decided it wasn't worth my time to try and get it completely filled. To be fair, I don't think I was charged for the parts I didn't receive (bolt head items, IIRC) and there were times when communication was rapid and other times where it took many days and emails to hear back.

It is what it is...

mattri
09-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks, I keep hearing it's better now- guess we'll see.

mattri
09-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Success! Got an e-mail today, hopefully everything goes smoothly.

mattri
10-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Sent the action out today, they projected about a month till we get it back. So far so good.

blvedere
10-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Good luck.....you will need it!

mattri
10-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Thanks, so far everything has gone pretty smooth.

mattri
11-17-2014, 09:48 PM
Got an e-mail from Lisa saying the action was done the other day and it arrived today. Only 2 weeks past their projected date, not too shabby.

LongRange
11-17-2014, 10:12 PM
Im assuming a true and timing job? If so is there a big difference with what fred did?

Rooster 50
11-18-2014, 12:37 AM
Good luck.....you will need it!

Whats up?.........no smart a## remarks about how terrible they are to deal with.......man up and apolgize.

mattri
11-18-2014, 08:07 AM
First- I didn't start this thread as another "SSS good v bad". There has been plenty of that on this board and in all honesty I've had some experiences in the past that weren't stellar. The original question was whether I was using the right channels to get a hold of them, which was borne out by the subsequent conversations/e-mails that I mentioned.

As an aside- yes there is a marked improvement in the actions "smoothness". I don't have a barrel installed or have it in a stock yet but just holding it in my hand the bolt lift is lighter. How much trueing was required I don't know and I doubt it will make an appreciable difference in accuracy but this is going to be a hunting rifle for my wife and she didn't like how stiff the bolt was originally so I'm happy with the results.

LongRange
11-18-2014, 09:37 AM
thanks for your reply i may be sending an action in to them as well but was wanting to know if it was worth the time and money spent.

Rooster 50
11-18-2014, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=mattri;289839]First- I didn't start this thread as another "SSS good v bad". There has been plenty of that on this board and in all honesty I've had some experiences in the past that weren't stellar. The original question was whether I was using the right channels to get a hold of them, which was borne out by the subsequent conversations/e-mails that I mentioned.

I know you didn't. My remarks were not pointed at you. It just seems like every time they are mentioned someone has to pipe up with a smart remark about them. Lisa and Fred do our sport and our choice of Savage rifles a great service and they do it very well "most" of the time. They have done excellant work for me and hundreds of others and I am just tired of hearing the negative stuff about them.

BTW I am glad to hear that you are happy with their work......I always am.

reshp1
11-18-2014, 03:19 PM
Only way that EVER worked for me was numerous emails (say two a day, every day, for a week) until Lisa responded.

Then upon her reply, send the reply once per day until she responded to it.

Rinse, repeat, etc.

Not to be a dick, but this is how companies get so backed up with emails that they can't get people a timely response.

Nor Cal Mikie
11-18-2014, 08:32 PM
I think it was mentioned that SSS gets about 200 emails a day. Not much time to get any work done if all you can do is check emails. One email, stating what I want, sit back and it's not long till I get what I wanted. 2 or 3 days at the most.

D.ID
11-19-2014, 01:07 AM
I send them one email that says I want X and Y please contact me at this phone number 208-***-**** to arrange payment.
Lisa calls within a couple hours.
Took me weeks the first time and it wasn't till I got matter of fact "direct" that I got a response. Ever since: that's all it takes.

Spectre236
11-19-2014, 11:19 AM
I send them one email that says I want X and Y please contact me at this phone number 208-***-**** to arrange payment.
Lisa calls within a couple hours.
Took me weeks the first time and it wasn't till I got matter of fact "direct" that I got a response. Ever since: that's all it takes.

+1 - Not sure what "direct" is though.

D.ID
11-19-2014, 12:38 PM
I want X and Y please contact me at this phone number 208-***-**** to arrange payment.
That's it, don't clutter it up, don't ask how many they have, don't explain all aspects of your build, don't give her a hard time about not answering the phone, etc,etc. Don't kick the tires.
Keep it simple and direct and they are very easy to work with.