PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Rail with Blind Mag?

Bad Hammer
09-27-2014, 07:00 AM
Hey guys, a quick question...
I have a Savage 110 in 30-06 with the 4 round blind mag, and I'd like to put a one piece steel rail on it, like the Warne zero moa rail.
Is it even possible to use a one piece rail with the blind mag, or would top-loading be nearly impossible?
Anyone ever done this? I have searched both here and elsewhere, but I have yet to find a definitive answer.
Thanks for any and all input.

bythebook
09-27-2014, 07:39 AM
I have got 10 or 12 of that type of action with one piece bases on them and blind mag and no trouble . I use mostly EGW bases and since I now mostly shoot target have switched to single shoot adapters.

foxx
09-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Yea, it can be a little bit of a pain, but not much more than a two-piece. The scope will interfere with top loading anyhow. In a tactical situation, I would want to use a DBM, regardless. To me, the issue is more about top loading vs. bottom loading than it is about the rail.

Bad Hammer
09-27-2014, 11:38 AM
Thanks a lot for the input guys.

Yea, it can be a little bit of a pain, but not much more than a two-piece. The scope will interfere with top loading anyhow. In a tactical situation, I would want to use a DBM, regardless. To me, the issue is more about top loading vs. bottom loading than it is about the rail.

I definitely want to go with a detachable mag, and I do plan to upgrade to a DBM in the future, but that's down the road a bit.
I just need to decide on a stock first, and start saving.

So, considering what y'all have offered so far, I think I can safely order the Warne rail.
Thanks again.

DzNutz
09-30-2014, 08:04 AM
I talk about a good rail and ring combo on my 110 in this thread over on the 110 Parts board. Loading the blind magazine can be done with the rail I mention:

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?38487-Mod-110-scope-mount-and-ring-suggestions