PDA

View Full Version : bedding blind magwell clip

sixonetonoffun
09-21-2014, 12:27 PM
Is there an elegant solution to bedding the blind magwell clip?

I thought of eliminating it and using silicone to hold the mag in place. Can't see any way else except going over it and that doesn't seem like a good idea as it will likely lead to integrity issues.

sixonetonoffun
09-21-2014, 02:02 PM
I used some high flow glass resin to glue it in place first. See what happens.

jonbearman
09-21-2014, 03:47 PM
I think I would coat the clip with release agent and bed it because if the mag spring breaks and you want to replace it then you are in trouble.

sixonetonoffun
09-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Makes sense. It stayed in place when I popped the mag body out. The recoil lug where it makes contact seemed to be compressing the wood and the tang was showing an impression. So figured a good bedding of contact areas could stave off future issues with cracking.ect. Maybe tighten up the 3rd shot which seems to have a hex on it.

JW
09-22-2014, 06:42 AM
I have put a small "dab" of steel putty in each corner of the mag well and installed the internal mag (release agent on mag) using the action to set mag position
Allow to dry, remove action and mag is set and can be removed--no tab now
Some trimming at corners with dremel might be needed if the putty is to large

Jack

sixonetonoffun
09-22-2014, 11:09 AM
I wound up keeping the clip on this one. Will go on with bedding today and let it cure. Waiting to shoot its going to be the hardest part left.I think it will really come into its own.

I have a s/a to do next and will eliminate the clip on that one. Using a sf stock on cf action there.