PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Ty

Broke_Okie_Ty
09-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Hello all, I am 29 and have been hunting since I was about 4 years old. I grew up duck hunting with my dad, upland birds with my pop, and hound hunting with my buddies. when I was 16 my dad and I started deer hunting in Cali where I grew up. I have lots of shot gunning experience. I have a few 4H state gold medals, and when we are out in the field I always come back with more birds and more shells than anyone else.

The reason I am here-
I recently bought a Savage 111 w/DBM in 300wm. I was looking for one with all the goodies, accu-trigger, accu-stock, and no intentions of changing it at all. I was talking to the clerk behind the counter about guns and he mentioned to me that the plain jane 300wm behind me was only $250 with 1 box through it used. Naturally I thought that seems like a really good deal! So, I checked it out and mentioned the lack of accu-stock, accu-trigger and he told me these things are like ARs, they make all kinds of stuff for them. So I pulled the trigger and bought it. I started searching for parts, and have not stopped since. I found long range hunting forum after seeing their show one day. Searching there has led me to here.

My goal-
I want to build a hunter/go-to/steel shooter. I do A LOT of traveling. I'm not always hunting, but I do always shoot. So I want this to be like the aggressive All-terrain tire if that helps. Not necessarily the best at one thing, but good at them all.

Anyways, I am here to learn, so if you get PM's from me with questions, don't be surprised and don't say I didn't warn ya..... :rockon:

drybean
09-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Welcome aboard

Rick_W
09-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Welcome

GaCop
09-20-2014, 05:00 AM
Welcome! You've come to the right place to learn.