PDA

View Full Version : Tony from Indiana!

SGT_A-RAY223
09-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Hello everyone!

Tony here. Hoosier born and raised! Live just north of Indy now, proud father, and Combat Vet. Spent ten years in the Army, deployed to both Afghanistan and Iraq. Spent some time out on KD ranges with our Recon guys several times, and have behind a 700 in .308 several times here lately. Looking to get back into shooting again, and since Indiana will finally be open to rifles next year, decided to start getting into long guns and distance shooting. I've done my research, and Savage seemed like a no brainer, especially since a lot of my Army buddies and other distance shooters I know all recommended Savage.

Have a little lady at home (pregnant with our first together) who doesn't want me dipping into savings, so been selling things off to get my bankroll going lol. Looking to start with the Trophy Hunter XP in .308 or 7mmx08 and going from there. Should be picking one out this weekend or next week, so I'll make sure I get pictures up, and keep adding to the thread.

Looking forward to making some new friends, and hopefully some friendly rivalries too lol.

drybean
09-18-2014, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the site

big honkin jeep
09-18-2014, 10:05 PM
Welcome,
Well I guess you cant do anything about where you were born. :boink: Welcome to the site anyway from the land of sweet tea and grits.:cool:
Thank you for your service :usa2:

Rick_W
09-19-2014, 08:13 PM
Welcome - thank you for your service.

GaCop
09-20-2014, 05:02 AM
Welcome, glad to have ya!

SGT_A-RAY223
09-21-2014, 01:55 AM
Lol...I was certain I'd hear one or two rips on Indiana. At least I'm not Canadian lol.

B52buff
09-27-2014, 10:54 AM
Welcome from NE Michigan and Thank You for your service!