PDA

View Full Version : benchrest followers/glue in type Does anyone make them?

jonbearman
09-18-2014, 05:12 PM
I am looking for a GLUE in benchrest follower for a 10 series stagger feed receiver and a long action staggerfeed. Most sit on top of the original follower and that wont work for me.

Switchbarrel
09-19-2014, 12:25 AM
Ask Kevin Rayhill what he uses. He's built a 6BR & .284 Shehane for me, both were repeater
actions that he JB welded single shot followers into. I just don't know what brand they are.

-Rick

GaCop
09-20-2014, 07:36 AM
Doesn't Sharp Shooter Supply make one for the center feed action? It is epoxied to the bottom of the action opening.

FW Conch
09-20-2014, 07:48 AM
My SSS followers are so well CNC machined that I just have them held in there with "friction". Been like that for years, never had one fall out yet! :-))

GaCop
09-20-2014, 08:15 AM
My SSS followers are so well CNC machined that I just have them held in there with "friction". Been like that for years, never had one fall out yet! :-)) It's been a while since I used one, couldn't remember if they had to be glued. I don't know if a standard single shot follower can be glued into a stagger feed action with the mag box removed.

foxx
09-20-2014, 12:06 PM
The OP is asking about STAGGER feed actions. SSS arefor CENTER feed. I have searched and never found any thing for the stagger feed. :(

GaCop
09-22-2014, 07:52 AM
I've got a number of single shot followers for my stagger feed long actions but for the life of me can't remember where I got em? They're the type that sit on the follower though. I don't know of anyone that makes one that glues/epoxies under the receiver sans follower/spring.

FW Conch
09-22-2014, 08:43 AM
You might find one that will work for you, that sits on top of the blind magazine, at "Midway". Search "Single Shot Follower".

jonbearman
09-22-2014, 09:32 AM
I wanted a glue in.It seems no one makes one for a savage.It is a great opportunity for someone to start making them.

jonbearman
09-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Sharp shooter could you make some for sale,I think a lot of guys would buy them.