PDA

View Full Version : HELP, broke mag box

TheAlmightyBob
09-18-2014, 11:18 AM
I have a 2006 made stevens 200 with the double feed mag. I was disassembling it and the front tab broke off. Just got off the phone with savage and they dont supply the box anymore and gave me a number for Outback gun parts.

What are my options? Can I find a replacement? Or is there a conversion to anything else? I dont care about cuting up the stock for a conversion because I still have the original one that Ive already modified.

Thanks guys
Bob

darkker
09-18-2014, 02:41 PM
Long or Short action, Staggerfeed model?

You have a ton of options.
For replacement: Midway, Brownells, GunShack, the several vendors we have on this site will also likely be a help for you. Or you can become a paid member, and look through the classifieds.

For a conversion: There are a few folks that can in-let the stock and use detachable mags. Some systems us the AI mags. Can't say the name off the top of my head, but just use the search function and you'll find it.

JCalhoun
09-18-2014, 02:44 PM
Do you have access to a TIG welder or a machine shop with one? If so just have the tab welded back to the box.

TheAlmightyBob
09-18-2014, 04:42 PM
It is a short action, 223 model. And unfortunately I can not find the tab anywhere. After I asked the question above I realized that I can google it just like anyone else and looked up the conversions. I know PTG, CDI, and Badger Ordnance. . I know PTG was the cheapest at around $120 and change I think. It had the options of with the loop bolt release or not, without it being the cheaper. And that it takes Aics mags which I have found available, has become an attractive thought. Do you think i could still use the factory stock?

But at the moment I am changing to many variables on the gun and would like to just fix it for the moment, and plan out the mag conversion later.

Also just wanted to add that Midway and Brownells are sold out, and Gun Shack doesnt advertise that they carry them. Should I call them and ask to make sure?

darkker
09-18-2014, 07:25 PM
Yes you can have CDI inlet any stock, IIRC the charge was something like $40.

If you ask REALLY nicely, I will look in my pile of sh....stuff tonight; may have a short action box laying around.

jonbearman
09-18-2014, 10:34 PM
Did you use the savage parts finder option as the person you talked to could be mistaken.

BillPa
09-18-2014, 11:45 PM
Did you use the savage parts finder option as the person you talked to could be mistaken.

I checked using the S/N for my M10 (2002) in 223, "Out of stock" which means they probably aren't making the old 223-204 staggered boxes any longer. They did have them for a 111 (2000) '06 length boxes though.

Bill