PDA

View Full Version : DId Savage switch parts???

xsskeet
09-14-2014, 10:44 PM
Last week I received my 111XP back from Savage after they installed a new barrel.

One modification I made was to add a Large Knob bolt handle.

As I was replacing the bolt, I noticed a piece of "White Soft Plastic" on the bolt handle right up next to the bolt. I do not remember this being there when I installed the bolt.

The filler looks to be like some kind of bumper against the action when the bolt is closed.

Has anyone else seen this on any the large knob bolts??

Makes we wonder if savage just grabbed a whole new action and barrel and rolled the serial number into it. Then popping on a large handle and calling it good.

I will be giving them a call to what answers I can get out of them. Kind of strange..

Mach2
09-15-2014, 02:23 AM
It will be interesting to see if the new ownership at Savage can maintain the quality control of the previous ownership.

mr45acp2u
09-15-2014, 12:00 PM
They used a precision target action bolt handle.

sharpshooter
09-15-2014, 07:50 PM
That's actually a silicone bumper. It was implemented to reduce slam fires (accu-trips) on the Target rifles with the 6 oz. Accutriggers. It's a joke at best, usually the bumper falls off at some point.

xsskeet
09-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Well I talked to Savage this morning. They assured me that they had not swapped the receiver, just the barrel.

The rep I spoke to had no clue what I was talking about on the bolt, and asked for pictures. So.. Took a few and sent them off.

For the life of me... I don't remember seeing that when I installed the bolt handle. But at my age... I'm beginning to forget things like that. :rolleyes: My hunting partner who is 81 this year keeps telling me it gets worse...

So.. We shall see what they say.

Thanks for the info!

Bill