PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my new 10fp

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

revbc
05-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Split the rings, take the scope off. This should leave the bottom part of the rings on your scope base. Take a straight edge or a good square, square off on the bottom of one, slide it over to the other one. They should be the same height. It is a possibility that you got say, a low ring and a medium. In your case the low ring would be in the front and the medium in the rear.

May not be it but it's worth a try.

Bobby

sjstill
06-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Interesting problem.

I've got a 10FP in .308, and just installed an EGW base as well. No problems yet that I'm aware of. A buddy I both shot it last week after I swapped the base, and all it needed was a couple minor clicks to return to zero.

jimmy456
06-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Thought I would give an update to everyone who has made suggestions and gave advice in this thread. It has been invaluable. Thanks again.

Just got my rifle back from Savage and they test fired a five shot group at 100yds using my mounting hardware and their optics. 5 shot groups measures .8 I can't wait to take this baby out. I would also like to mention that Savage's Customer Service was superb. I called to check on the rifle a few times and they were happy to tell me what was going on. They cleaned and checked the bolt and replaced the barrel. Function fired and targeted.

Thanks again for all of your help guys. I am sure I will be back and I will most likely purchase a paid membership. Awesome community.