PDA

View Full Version : Citadel 1911

mpeters
09-13-2014, 01:01 PM
I've been considering buying this pistol and haven't really found anyone that has shot one. Can any of you guys give me some feedback on the Citadel 1911?

J.Baker
09-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Local Rural King has been selling the 9mm full size version on sale for $350 lately and I know several guys that have picked them up and are extremely happy with them.

GaCop
09-15-2014, 06:52 AM
The Citadel is made by Armscor in the Philippines. I have one of their pistols, the 1911 in 9mm sold by Rock Island and it shoots great. It has all the bells and whistles one could want on a 1911 platform.

mpeters
10-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Sorry I'm so late to get back. But would you care to share pictures? I have been looking at the Rock Island brand also. Is there a difference in the pistols other than the name on it?

Jamie
10-13-2014, 02:29 PM
I was on a video conference several months back with Martin (Owner of Armscor) and I will have to say that he really impressed me. A few note worthy comments....

"If I built it and it breaks, then I should fix it no matter if they are the original owner or not. As long as the factory parts haven't been replaced with aftermarket parts."

When asked if shooting reloads would affect the warranty...

"I build 1911s, not Glocks. Almost everyone who owns a 1911 reloads for it. Shoot' em. As long as the reload is not the reason for failure it will not affect the warranty."

He also stated that if there is a problem that cannot be fixed in two weeks they will send you a NIB replacement firearm. Said he had to wait 8 weeks once to get a firearm fixed and promised himself he would never do that to any one if he ever took over the company. Also, if for some reason you are just absolutely unhappy and have real issues, send him the receipt and he will refund you the purchase price. Stated he has done that twice in the 20 something years he has been running the company. Not bad considering they make about 140,000 firearms a year.

I do think there may be levels of fit and finish depending who is wanting them. Citadel may be a little lower than the Rock Island and Rock Island may be a little lower than the STI Spartan. Not sure but would think there would be some.

Broke_Okie_Ty
10-13-2014, 08:52 PM
My dad has one in 45 and honestly I can't tell the difference between his citadel and his colt. I was looking at getting one but ended up with SA XD 40.

mpeters
10-24-2014, 11:39 PM
So I think I'm going to end up going with the Taurus pt1911. Seems a little nicer. Does anyone know if you can add a rail to it though?

Jamie
10-26-2014, 10:37 PM
So I think I'm going to end up going with the Taurus pt1911. Seems a little nicer. Does anyone know if you can add a rail to it though?

Definitely not the choice I would make. If you want nicer then go with the Magnum Research 1911.

bootsmcguire
10-26-2014, 11:41 PM

I had a standard PT1911 in 45ACP, and it shot great and never gave me any issues. Very accurate pistol IMHO. As to your rail question, I am assuming you are talking about a rail under the barrel for lights or lasers? Taurus offers models with and without rails underneath.

FWIW as happy as I was with my PT1911, I am planning on another one in the near future in a Commander size and have been looking real hard at the Citadel. Just seems to get good reviews and is well priced for a gun for carry duty.