PDA

View Full Version : rings/base options for flat back receiver

Bigeclipse
09-13-2014, 06:23 AM
Hey all. As the title states I'm looking for base and rings for an older style 110 with flat back receiver. It is a 300 mag so needs to hold up to recoil...I saw the one piece DNZ but noticed the rings are only held down by two screws instead of the traditional 4. I am open to all suggestions. Thanks

GaCop
09-13-2014, 08:04 AM
I use the EGW base on all my Savages and Millet windage adjustable rings. The windage adjustable rings allow me to save my scope adjustment by making the coarse adjustment with the rings and then do the final adjustment with the scope's windage dial.

Savage6x284
09-13-2014, 04:02 PM
I'll put forward my standard reply when folks ask about rings and bases.

Get a set of S&K bases and projectionless rings and never look back. Light, strong, secure and windage adjustment both front and rear. They look fantastic too!

Talley Light Weights are great too and are usually my second choice. They are homely though.

I'd really like to try out those newish DNZ Hunt Master two piece ringmounts and they make them for the flat back. Homely as well and I wish they didn't have the huge DNZ logo on the upper rings.

Not a fan of one piece bases myself.

Bigeclipse
09-13-2014, 04:14 PM
I'll put forward my standard reply when folks ask about rings and bases.

Get a set of S&K bases and projectionless rings and never look back. Light, strong, secure and windage adjustment both front and rear. They look fantastic too!

Talley Light Weights are great too and are usually my second choice. They are homely though.

I'd really like to try out those newish DNZ Hunt Master two piece ringmounts and they make them for the flat back. Homely as well and I wish they didn't have the huge DNZ logo on the upper rings.

Not a fan of one piece bases myself.

Id think one piece would be stronger/less places to fail...what do you dislike about them?

Savage6x284
09-13-2014, 05:57 PM
Id think one piece would be stronger/less places to fail...what do you dislike about them?

Heavier, greater obstruction of the loading port, homely, and unnecessary. Four 6-48tpi screws hold the base/s on whether they are holding one base or two.

Go with the all steel S&K's and you get a sleek, trim, svelte look you can only get with steel.

brangus1111
09-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Everyone i going to have their own opinion. But I use the EGW flatback one piece on my 30-06 build with a set of Burris 30mm Extreme tactical rings. The setup looks and functions great. You can get both from Midway for about $100. I love the Burris rings, they are 6 screw and hold very snug. Im shotting 1 MOA @500 in just my first week of shooting this build. The proof is in the pudding.