PDA

View Full Version : Old Style Trigger?

strut64
09-12-2014, 08:59 PM
I recently acquired a 110 made in 1999 with the old style trigger. What is the typical range of adjustment on this style trigger.
As it is now the pull seems to be in 5+ lb range. I only have a fish scale but it seems close on triggers.

olddav
09-12-2014, 10:20 PM
A three screw trigger can be tuned to 2.5 to 2 lbs and that's pretty nice. Takes a little work and a new wire spring but for a budget minded soul like myself it's worth the effort.

Savage6x284
09-13-2014, 04:13 PM
My lightly worked over three screw is 3# or so. It is crisp, smooth, and nearly on par with the finest triggers I've used.

Even the two screw can be tuned very nicely.

I don't buy aftermarket triggers for my Savage rifles any more because they offer very little or nothing over a worked three screw. I'll put that $100+ saved into my stock or barrel instead.

GaCop
09-15-2014, 07:07 AM
Three screw triggers are great.................if and when you can find them. They don't seem to be as common as they used to be a few years ago.

LHitchcox
09-15-2014, 09:57 AM
Just before the introduction of the Accutrigger, Savage only used the three screw trigger in varmint and tactical rifles. The supply has just about dried up as work got out about how easy they were to tune. I got my last two from Jim at Northland. Gunsmiths used to have a few takeoffs laying around from folks who just gave up and put a new trigger on their Savages. I first learned to tune the three screw trigger by reading Bob Milek's articles in the gun mags.