PDA

View Full Version : Stevens receivers

rjtfroggy
04-09-2010, 10:16 PM
On another forum there is some question about the Stevens receivers as to whether they are flat top or round. Now I think I read somewhere on here that they are the old style Savage with the flat top, but have they changed.
Also one person claims he has seen a brand new Stevens 200 with an accu trigger,now I'm pretty sure this is an inaccurate statement, because that is what supposedly keeps the price differentail, am I right or wrong?
And finally they are saying that the Edge is the demise of the Stevens line. If this is true I better get my self in gear and start looking for some Stevens SA & LA so I can start stock piling for future builds on the cheap.I just finished a Savage build and to be honest I probably could have bought it cheaper than building it but it sure is nice when it all comes together at the range and shots 85-100 can be covered with a fifty cent piece.

Slowpoke Slim
04-09-2010, 10:55 PM
I would say, "Wrong, Wrong, and Wrong." To all of the above. Everyone knows, if you want the straight skinny on Savages, you come here to THESE forums.

The Stevens 200's are round rear receivers.

The Stevens 200's do not come with the accutriggers.

I seriously doubt the Edge will drive out the Stevens, it's just way too early to predict such things, and from what I understand on the Edge, most of the aftermarket goodies that are "drop in" with the Stevens, won't be so on the Edge.

You really should stay tuned to this forum for your Savage info...

;D

GUNFANATIC
04-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Yeah, the Stevens have never been flat back. The old pre-accutrigger Savages were.