PDA

View Full Version : bull barrel in a boyds tacticool?

jlaz90
09-10-2014, 01:14 PM
has anyone tried and had any luck fitting a bull or heavy varmint into a boyds tacticool? says that in front of the receiver its only open 3/4" but i would like to put a bigger contour barrel on the stock.

foxx
09-10-2014, 02:19 PM
The Tacticools are avail pre-channeled for Bull barrels if you like. Or you can open it up well beyond 1 inch by wrapping a wooden dowel or something similar with sand paper and sand it . I've done a few as have many others in the forum here.

here is a link to their tacticool inletted for the 110 top bolt release blindmag stagger feed. :http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=107692&cat=1215 Your specific model might not be avail straight from the factory ready for drop-in fit, but they can all be easily inletted by hand yourself. The barrel channel is especially easy. :) good luck with it.

Bear
09-10-2014, 08:31 PM
There is plenty of material on the tacticool forend to open it up for a varmint weight barrel. Just finished one.

Ranger412
09-10-2014, 10:58 PM
There is plenty of material on the tacticool forend to open it up for a varmint weight barrel. Just finished one.

Yep, me too. The detachable magazine version I got from them was only available for the factory sporter profile. I wrapped some 80 grit paper around a deep-well socket and worked on it for awhile. Not sure I have much in the way of fingerprints on my fingers anymore, but the stock came out great.

geargrinder
09-12-2014, 12:07 AM
Yep, me too. The detachable magazine version I got from them was only available for the factory sporter profile. I wrapped some 80 grit paper around a deep-well socket and worked on it for awhile. Not sure I have much in the way of fingerprints on my fingers anymore, but the stock came out great.

Yep, same for me. Even down to the lack of fingerprints.