PDA

View Full Version : Curious about aftermarket Axis stocks

rick3
09-09-2014, 11:53 AM
I've just got a .243 Axis II, and have read about the problem with the flexible original stocks. In fact, I found that the left side of my stock rubbed against the barrel, so I sanded it down to create some space.

I've read here & other places about people reinforcing the original stocks with epoxy, steel or aluminum rods and other things.

I've looked at the very popular Boyd's stocks, and I may end up getting one...but I'm curious if there are any other manufacturers with Axis stocks available?

Rosco
09-09-2014, 01:36 PM
The only other aftermarket stock for the Axis that I am aware of are made by Fred at Sharpshooters Supply. At the moment, I believe he has a prototype model for sale in the classified section.

rick3
09-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Hunh...I was curious about modifying the original Axis stock, so I looked up the price of a replacement on the Savage website... you know, just in case I tried something and messed it up, I thought I might be able to get another original stock from Savage relatively inexpensively.

HOLY MOLY! the price of an original "replacement" Axis stock from Savage is...$105. That's without the trigger guard, stock action screws, and recoil lug!

Rosco
09-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Yeah I wanted to go that route too but that's just to much money. Check eBay you can sometimes find a nice used one for around $60.00.

Edzzed
09-11-2014, 10:18 PM
here is my Axis in nutmeg from Boyds. http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p242/edzzed/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/CAM00813.jpg